The Small Condo Program administered by Oak Park Residence Corporation is a pilot program providing FREE education, training and guidance to small (12 units or less) Oak Park condominium associations which are newly formed or experiencing difficulties in the management of the condominium property. This assistance, underwritten by the Village of Oak Park, is temporary with the ultimate goal of competent, successful self-management by the condominium association.
Training and guidance includes such topics as:
- The Association as A Non-Profit Corporation
- Roles and Fiduciary Responsibilities of the Board
- Governing Documents, Statutes, and Compliance
- Amending Bylaws and Drafting Rules and Regulations
- Conducting Meetings - Taking Minutes
- Annual Budget and Assessments
- Financial Recordkeeping
- Delinquencies & Collections
- Reserves & Reserve Studies
- Capital Improvements Bidding Process
- Insurance & Risk Mitigation
- Sales and Forclosures
- Community Living and Conflict Resolution
If you are an Oak Park condominium association of 12 units or less, we invite you to participate in this unique program and resource.
Regardless of the size of your association there are several other educational, training and vendor resources available to condominium association board members and unit owners. For detailed information please click on our Condo Resources tab.